Tuesday, September 14, 2010

“Small Taste of the Latest” updated with a selection of Photos from my last trip to Cambodia in December 2009.


Cambodia, Angkor Wat, Gunther Deichmann, http://www.deichmann-photo.com/blog.html
© Gunther Deichmann - Angkor Wat Cambodia Dec. 2009
View more images in the Gallery click on the Photo or go to
“Small Taste of the Latest”on the menu bar.
In September 2009 we had our very cool and humoring GD Photo Workshop in Siem Reap and then in December I had to return to finish a few projects on my own, namely the very soon to be launched Heritage Suites Hotel and Heritage Adventures websites. They be up very, very shortly and I keep you posted. Only a few more days and I announce the NEW LINKS to you.

During my last trip in December 2009 I did spend more time at the Hotel then shooting but I guess that’s life and work, however I had to show my good friend and webmaster Arnold around a bit since it was his very first trip to Cambodia, plus I had to finish a couple other things deep in the Jungle. I know my suspense again but unfortunately I can’t share these images with you yet, all pending on a publication later this year. I know, shrouded in secrecy again, sorry about that.

But I made a small selection from the last trip today which I can share with you, just a mixed bag from Siem Reap and Phnom Penh.
What I like about Cambodia so much, no matter how often I go back, say for example Angkor Wat I always find and discover new things or the light is just in my favor like on the day I took Arnold for the first time to Angkor in the afternoon.
Cambodia, Ta Phrom, Gunther Deichmann, http://www.deichmann-photo.com/blog.html

© Gunther Deichmann - Ta Phrom, Cambodia Dec. 2009
Click on the Photo for more.


While he was dazzled and overcome by this architectural master piece trying to catch his breath, I just wondered around and played with the light.
The next morning at 5:30 we left for Ta Phrom with a perfect sunrise and a slight cool breeze, a welcome change from the normal humid condition earlier in the year. Besides my Jungle trip (more on that later) that was all the time we had exploring Siem Reap this time around.
Cambodia, Phnom Penh, Gunther Deichmann, http://www.deichmann-photo.com/blog.html
© Gunther Deichmann - Phnom Penh, Cambodia Dec. 2009
Click on the Photo for more.


Due to unavailability of flights from Siem Reap (sort off lucky for us) we chose to drive from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh, a town I know only to well, again we only had two days but since I know my way around it was easy to get to the right places at the right time.
Located along the Mekong River, Phnom Penh has a lot to offer for visitors and Photographers alike, charming French restaurants and Bars lined up along the “Boulevard” overlooking the Mekong, and behind you the majestic Grand Palace with its famous Silver Pagoda.
Cambodia, Phnom Penh, Gunther Deichmann, http://www.deichmann-photo.com/blog.html

© Gunther Deichmann - Phnom Penh, Cambodia Dec. 2009
Click on the Photo for more.


Thanks to Aperture 2, editing was fast and smooth, plus I have finished all my tagging, key wording etc., uploaded all the latest images into Archives from my Agencies and in a few days everything will also be on my PhotoShelter Archives and Galleries.
I hope you’re going to enjoy this small selection of Images from our last Journey, Cambodia is certainly one of my favorite destinations in Asia, more very soon on PhotoShelter.

1 comments:

gdeichmann said...

Stop using my images, it is a breach of copyright! Any future use and we will take legal action.
Remove all entries for Gunther Deichmann including related articles NOW!
The rightful owner Gunther Deichmann is protected by international Copyright law!

Post a Comment